Compensation Venture Group (CVG) advises companies in designing and implementing employee compensation programs that enable the company to recruit and engage the talent they need to execute on their purpose and mission. We design base pay, cash incentive, equity-based compensation, and other forms of direct and indirect pay that support company culture, strategy, and objectives.
We focus on organizations with sustainability, social impact, ESG, and similarly-labeled mission and strategy. See these clients.
We also provide litigation support and expert witness services to support our country’s justice process.
Our portfolio has migrated from its original compensation-related focus to an impact investment focus.
- Global Shares, plc – employee ownership
- Fledge, LLC – conscious company incubator/accelerator (Certified B Corp)
- Evrnu, SPC – recyclable premium fiber for garments
- RealizeImpact – not-for-profit startup investment firm
Our founder and Principal Consultant, Fred Whittlesey, has co-founded four not-for-profit organizations:
- Global Equity Organization (1999)
- Realize Impact (2013)
- Friends and Families United to Support Education (2014)
Special needs students’ rights
- Conscious Capitalism Seattle Chapter (2015)
Liberating the historic spirit of business
We actively participate in and contribute to professional organizations that support and promote conscious business
- Impact HUB Seattle
- Network for Business Innovation and Sustainability
- International Society of Sustainability Professionals
Fred Whittlesey is an Adjunct Professor at Seattle Pacific University’s School of Business, Government, and Economics
He donates the majority of his salary to the University’s fund for students with disabilities.
Thought Leadership: Conference Presentations
We present our ideas on sustainability and multi-stakeholder business models at professional conferences around the world.
Coming in 2017:
“Plan Design in the Emerging Business Model”
Global HR Conference, hosted at Microsoft Corporation
“Restructuring Executive Incentive Metrics for Sustainability”
WorldatWork Executive Compensation Forum
Presented in 2016:
- Employee Share Ownership Centre Annual Conference, London, UK
- Madrona Venture Partners, CFO Summit, Seattle, WA, US
- Rewards Northwest Annual Conference, Seattle, WA, US
Presented in 2015:
- Global Equity Organization, Annual Conference, London, UK
- Employee Share Ownership Centre Annual Conference, Davos, CH
- Santa Clara University Certified Equity Professional Conference, US
- Soul of the Next Economy, Ambrose University, Calgary AB
- Academy of Management, Annual Meeting, Vancouver BC