Compensation Venture Group, SPC
An update on this continuing theme.
Wouldn’t it be better to have competent compensation professionals who have the “spine” to stand up to senior management and ensure compliance? It shouldn’t take a judge to know the right thing to do.
Conscious Compensation® – putting employees and other stakeholders on par (or ahead of?) shareholders. Without requiring a judge and millions of dollars in lawyers’ fees.
The post below is from last month.
As a compensation professional it’s always interesting to see my area of expertise make headlines but the series of major news items in the past year is disturbing:
- Oracle “stiffed” sales staff by clawing back pay, $150 million lawsuit claims
- Meg Whitman’s company, HPE, has struggled to pay thousands of employees properly since it split from HP
- Wells Fargo’s Post-Scandal Pay Plan Eliminates Sales Goals
- Domino’s Sued for Underpaying Its Staff
- Nearly 10,000 Workers Sue Chipotle for Unpaid Wages
- Suit against Carl’s Jr. parent company alleges unfair business practices to suppress wages
That last one may have some political motives given the CEO was, until today, the nominee for Secretary of Labor in President Trump’s administration. Nevertheless, this pattern of major corporations with sophisticated human resources departments involved in these alleged activities should be cause for concern.